Avia Eek | Farmer and Councillor, Township of King

"My husband, Bill, and I operate Eek Farms in the Holland Marsh. This year, the driest in 20 years, having access to the water from Lake Simcoe equates to our ability to feed people. Creating a Bluebelt will help to ensure a level of food security... Considering that 2% of the population feeds the other 98%, it is crucial that our Farmers can rely on clean, safe, secure supplies of water, now, and for generations to come."

-- Avia Eek | Farmer and Ward 6 Councillor, Township of King